25 March, 2008

~~ Inspiration!

You are all wondering..... what the heck?

Well, this morning I took my son to the dentist for a cleaning (he has a cavity btw) and while waiting in the waiting room for his return so I could take him to school. I picked up a bridal magazine of which the name escapes me now.

Anyway, I tend to be inspired for window treatments by formal gowns. I love the detail that some bridal gown have and love to envision that detailing on a drape or top treatment.


The above beauty is from the Alfred Angelo website. The bodice is exquisite with the bead work and the top almost pleat like. I can see this as a cornice treatment in a very feminine bedroom.


This gown is from Eden Bridals website and I love the embroidery on the edges of the red. I could easily see this entire idea incorporated into a drape for a formal dining room.


This on is also from Eden Bridals. I like the horizontal pleating for the bodice and how the fabric drapes with one swag to reveal all that luscious fabric all gathered. The entire gown screams window treatment to me.

No comments: