28 January, 2009

~~ 4 Living Rooms



From Traditional Home July 2007. Chocolate mohair chairs, can it get any better? Beautiful patterned area rug also in chocolate and vanilla, that tiny foot stool and nesting tables, *sigh* all wonderful. Then people, we have the window treatments! Bamboo/grass roman shades with full luxurious drapes in a red plaid. Talk about cozy and warm. You may not be able to see but the walls are wallpapered with a soft slightly botanical print trellis style.




From Robb Report Luxury Home another print filled room. I wanted to show you the window treatments. Roman shades done boldly. There is nothing shy about them, from the scale of the windows in the room to the perfect scale of the fabrics chosen and design used. The walls at first look to be wallpapered but I don't think so. I believe they are stenciled.




I believe this came from Western Interiors. The scale of the room is very pleasant. I love the hugely arched windows and they simplicity. The fact that sheers were used only helps. My only complaint is that the rod and rings used are too tiny for the scale of the room. A heftier diameter of the rod and appropriate sized rings would make me more comfortable.




From House Beautiful March 2005. I love the fireplace mantel. Painted black and distressed it really is refreshing from the typical white mantels you always see. The pretty nicely scaled wing chairs and ottoman make this spot appealing. Notice to the right is a room with some pretty silk looking drapes and valance!

No comments: