20 March, 2009

~~ Hooked on Marble!



Sarah Richardson Kitchen. Marble black splash and countertops all in a white kitchen.




Metropolitan Museum of Art - Love the arches and detailing the photo makes marble look so graceful. Especially when I and many others associate marble as a rigid material.



Kitchen by Ghislain Vinas. Look at the bold veining and it's used so creatively!



Iran Shiraz - Masied-e Vakil. So majestic and pretty.




And of course the 'original' marble. Every kid loves marbles!

7 comments:

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Love that Sarah Richardson kitchen, and the one with the big silver light fixtures is really cool. I got such a kick out of the marble at the end of your post, too. Thanks for joining my blog party and sharing your love of marble(s) with us! :-)

Anonymous said...

The kitchen, very sleek..., and I remember the "original" marbles very well!

DesignTies said...

Sarah Richarson's kitchen... I can never get enough of it!! Marble is so beautiful. No wonder you're hooked on it!
Victoria: EdinDesign Interiors @ DesignTies

DesignTies said...

Wow, that's some beautiful marble!!

Sarah Richardson has done quite a few kitchens with marble -- bathrooms too, and even a laundry room!! They all look fantastic :-)

LOVE the picture of the arches at the Metropolitan Museum of Art -- they totally call out to my love for circles :-)

I just saw a picture of a drop-dead gorgeous kitchen with oodles of marble.... I'll have to think about where I saw it and give you the link....

Kelly @ DesignTies

DesignTies said...

Found the link for you :-)

http://porchlightinteriors.blogspot.com/2009/03/be-still-my-heart.html

Kelly

modernemama said...

I love the Ghislain Vinas kitchen, so unique, although I'd have to throw in some more color, perhaps blinds or more pots on the shelves

Cemaya said...

Thank you Kelly!